Supervisor, School Programs
Full Time Maternity Leave Contract Position
The Living Arts Centre is seeking a creative, flexible, and talented individual to coordinate programs for students and teachers. This position will work as part of the Arts Programs team to create and oversee the successful operations of curriculum programming for students and teachers within the Centre’s studios and theatres in French and English language.
Qualifications:The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
• University degree or College diploma in Arts Education, or a related discipline, Teaching Certificate
• Two years’ prior experience working in an arts educational institution, related cultural institution or classroom
• Experience programming curriculum connected visual and performing arts workshops for students and teachers
• Experience teaching in an educational setting
• Experience creating curriculum support materials
• Experience working with instructors, practicing artists and the general public
• Familiar with studio environment and diversity of fine art and craft techniques and materials
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational, time-management, reporting, and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and attuned to the human relations of working in a team environment
• Experience supervising and leading full time staff as well as contract employees
• Must be flexible and capable of multi-tasking
• Proficient in Word and Excel
• Oral and written French
• Experience working with volunteers is an asset
• First Aid, CPR and WHIMIS Training are an asset
Reporting to the Director of Arts Programs this position will:
Coordinate and administer the daily operations of onsite school workshops in French and English, outreach workshops, teacher professional development workshops; hire, train and supervise School Sales Representative and the Studio Arts Administrative Assistant, hire and oversee art instructors to teach workshops, supervise coop volunteers and university interns; network with school board representatives in the GTA to promote school programming; creation of study guides for school performances; order, inventory, monitor and maintain all program supplies and materials; monitor and evaluate programs to ensure customer satisfaction and safety standards are met; research, develop and implement new programming offerings and curriculum support materials; prepare, monitor and operate within an approved annual budget, work with Marketing staff to promote programs and prepare materials; document and evaluate programs to ensure quality and safety standards are met; represent Arts Programs at special events as required; and perform other duties as assigned.
This is a full time contract position requiring the successful candidate to work some flexible days, weekends and holidays. Salary to be determined.
Employment offer is conditional upon receipt of a Criminal Record Search, Vulnerable Sector Screening that is acceptable to the Living Arts Centre.
We thank all applicants but must advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note that once you have submitted your resume, an on-line questionnaire will appear on screen, and must be completed in order to be considered for this position.