Public Service Announcement: COVID-19 Update
The registration process for 2020 has changed as a result of the Living Arts Centre’s transition to the City of Mississauga. Registration for the Living Arts Centre studio programs will now take place on ActiveMississauga.ca. Our program names have also changed; please refer to the below FAQs for course name updates, as well as information regarding increased health and safety protocols.
How to Register:
- Please create an account on ActiveMississauga.ca, or by clicking here
- Select “New User” and follow the prompts
- Once your account is made, you will be able to add courses to your “basket” and check-out
- For assistance during the process, you may view video tutorials. Read FAQs, send an email, or call the Customer Service Centre at 905-615-4100 during business hours
- Once your account is created, you can filter “Living Arts Centre” as the location to view and register for programs at the LAC
Frequently Asked Questions-
- The health and safety of our employees and guests are our number one priority and we are taking all necessary precautions to maintain a safe environment.
- The Living Arts Centre will deliver a clean and sanitized event space, studios and common areas and regularly apply a disinfectant to high-touch surfaces in common areas such as washrooms, door handles, handrails and elevator buttons.
- Screening health questions will be sent to you by email ahead of your arrival to the Living Arts Centre. These screening questions will also be presented to you prior to entering the building, theatre and studios.
- If you are experiencing symptoms or answer “yes” to any of the screening questions, we ask you to please stay home.
- As per the City’s by-law, face masks must be worn in public facilities and in programs, unless you are participating in moderate to vigorous activity.
- Maximum occupancies that will be allowed in the Living Arts Centre will be communicated to you with as much notice and as close to the event or program start date as possible.
- Occupancies have been created based on guidance by provincial orders and local health authorities.
- We have put procedures in place to limit the sharing of supplies between participants. Some classes will have material kits which are assigned to the students for the duration of the program.
- Materials that are assigned to participants will be sanitized between programs according to outlined City procedures.
- We have increased the number of programs that include a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) format. BYOD will be identified at the time of registration.
- We have reduced the capacity of all our programs using a minimum of 4m2 to determine class capacity. Our programs have a maximum number of participants, ranging between 10 and 12, unless the size of the room requires less.
- Some program spaces will have floor markings to help set physical distancing boundaries between participants. Furniture and equipment has also been rearranged in our spaces to allow for adequate distance between all participants.
- We are required to follow room capacities as outlined by City policies. Decisions regarding the final show or viewing will be made closer to the date and will be shared with you by your program instructor. The safety of our participants and instructors is our utmost priority.
- For the Recital Dance Program, we will be assessing the format of our recital based on provincial guidelines for large gatherings at that time. Considerations are being made on recital format, such as offering multiple recital shows with reduced audience capacity.
- All our staff will be completing COVID-specific training. This training will cover topics including cleaning procedures, safe entry and exit, and participant screening.
- Additionally, program curriculum has been modified to support COVID protocols. Instructors will be trained on how to provide instruction, feedback and classroom management using contactless techniques.
Thank-you for your continued patience and support during this time and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Living Arts Centre!
Creative Camp: Visual Arts Jr (4.5-5)
Play and create with paint, paper, pastels and more.
Creative Camp: Visual Arts (6-8)
Have fun, make friends, and get creative!
Creative Camp: Visual Arts (8-10)
Learn skills used in drawing, painting, sculpture and more in an art studio atmosphere.
Creative Camp: Visual Arts (11-14)
This camp is designed to enhance your creativity and self-expression.