Call for Submissions
Call for Exhibition Proposals: LAC Gallery
Deadline: Friday March 13 @ 5pm, 2020
The Living Arts Centre (LAC) Gallery is currently accepting exhibition proposals for our 2020-2021 season which runs from September 1, 2020, to August 31, 2021. Exhibitions typically run from 5 to 7 weeks.
Our Gallery hosts contemporary art and craft exhibitions with a focus on emerging and mid-career artists from Mississauga and surrounding regions. The exhibition program seeks submissions from diverse practices including works in; 2D, 3D, interdisciplinary, digital, interactive, and time- based media.
The Curator accepts submissions from collectives, arts organizations or groups of three or more artists with a realized exhibition concept. Exhibition proposals should be contemporary relevant and speak to a wide range of audiences.
Exhibition proposals must include:
- Exhibition description (400 words max.)
- Artist statements (200 words max. for each artist)
- Organization Profile (if applicable) (250 words)
- List of participating artists
- Artist CVs for each participant
- 10 digital images of proposed or representative works (jpeg only). Maximum 150KB per image
- Time-based work should be submitted via the Internet
- Image list indicating artist name, title, medium, date, brief description
Deadline: March 13, 2020 @ 5 pm
Please send proposals by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The LAC provides exhibitors with the following services for a nominal fee of $500 + HST. This fee includes:
- Curatorial guidance regarding; art selection/ design, thematic clarification, and exhibition descriptions
- Complete exhibition services; including installation, lighting, and deinstallation
- Advertising including invitation design, printing and distribution in print and digital
- Press Release production/ distribution and social media posts
- Gallery supervision from attendants during gallery hours
- Insurance of works while on site
- Reception logistics/ promotion
*Gallery exhibitors are responsible for covering the costs of the opening reception. LIVE Cuisine, the Centre's on-site restaurant, is the exclusive caterer.
Call for Submissions: Micro Exhibition Spaces
Deadline: Friday, March 13, 2020 @ 5 pm
The Living Arts Centre invites local artists from Mississauga to submit 2D and 3D artworks for our rotating public exhibition spaces throughout the building. Exhibition spaces could include, but are not limited to; display cases, corporate meeting rooms, LAC public hallways, and LIVE Restaurant.
Works by individual artists at all stages of their professional careers will be considered from Mississauga and surrounding regions. Artworks submitted should represent a body of work with a focus on a particular theme, aesthetic, or set of concerns.
Artworks can be for sale while on display, if the artist chooses.
Works will be displayed for a minimum of 3 months, with the Living Arts Centre’s option to extend up these exhibitions to 6 months.
We are accepting; photographs, drawings, paintings on paper, collage, prints and digital works on paper, ceramics, jewelry, textiles, sculpture, craft and new media in the following dimensions:
- 2D works in a minimum size of artwork 8"x10" to a maximum of 16”x20 (frames provided)
- 3D works cannot exceed 12”(l) x 12”(w) x 24”(h)
- Works on canvas will only be considered for display in LIVE Restaurant only; dimensions variable
- Artist statement (max. 150 words)
- Current CV
- 5 images (jpegs, 72 dpi. Each image must not exceed 200KB)
- Image list: Word document listing artist’s name, title, medium, size, date, selling price, insurance value for each submission
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 13, 2020 @ 5 pm
Please send all submission materials via email to email@example.com
Notification of Acceptance: Artists will be notified if their work has been selected for display. Due to a high volume of submissions, only those accepted will be notified.
Questions? Contact Katie Micak at: Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org