Resident Artist Program
Important COVID-19 Notice from the City of Mississauga:
With guidance from Peel Public Health and in an abundance of caution for both our residents and staff around the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Mississauga has made the difficult decision to close all of our facilities, including the Living Arts Centre until at least April 5.
While we will continue to accept submissions for calls, please be advised that all submission reviews have been placed on hold at this time. We are committed to revisiting your submission in a timely manner upon reopening.
Thank-you for your understanding.
About Our Program
The Resident Artist Program at the Living Arts Centre is designed to support emerging and mid-career artist and artisans in developing and maintaining their art and design practice.
The RA Program provides exhibition opportunities, mentorship and professional training, networking and commission opportunities to artists displaying dynamic artistic merit and comprehensive technical ability in the studio of their choice.
The LAC offers professionally equipped studio space in the areas of:
- Painting/ Drawing
- Interdisciplinary (across studios)
- Self-directed Residency
- Professionally equipped studios
- Interdisciplinary studio access
- Mentorship, critique and professional development opportunities
- Exhibition opportunities including the Annual Resident Artist Exhibition
- Sales opportunities through the Centre’s Gift Shop
- Commission opportunities
- Teaching opportunities
- Support of an on-site Studio Technician
- Collaborative and individual studio space (depending on the studio selected)
- Additional storage for artwork and supplies
- Promotion on the Centre’s website and social media
- Wifi; all utilities included, reduced parking rates
The Living Arts Centre dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Artists of all cultural backgrounds, of all gender, sexual orientation, and ability are encouraged to apply.--