Terms & How to Apply
TERMS, ELIGIBILITY, HOW TO APPLY
Long Term Residency:
Residents are required to commit to a 1-year Contract commitment with the option to renew after an annual review.
• Resident artists are required to participate in the annual Resident Artist Exhibition, biannual studio clean ups, artist meetings including critiques and RA events.
• Must be able to work in a collaborative space.
• Resident artists must follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Monthly fees. Housing and transportation will be responsibility of the artist.
Failure to comply with the RA contract at any time will result in the termination of the residency.
• Project-based residencies are designed to support professional artists with studio access in order to realize a specific art/ design project or objective.
• Supporting documents should be submitted with the application, these may include exhibition offer letters, grant acceptance letters, educational project descriptions, etc.
• Project-based residencies are 3 to 6 months in duration.
The RA program is open to emerging and mid-career artists who are:
• Graduates of a recognized art, design or craft institute, college or university, or are practicing artists with equivalent experience.
• Technically competent in the relevant studio.
• Committed to developing their practice and body of work.
• Focused on creating conceptual art and design: functional and/or non-functional work.
• Able to work in a collaborative environment
Applicants are assessed by the Residency Coordinator and a panel of professionals working in the applicants discipline. Applications should demonstrate conceptual and technical ability through:
- Portfolio (10 images max)
- Artist statement
- Statement of intent
- In-person interview
- 3 references
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, click on the application form below or contact the Coordinator, Exhibitions and Residency Programs for more information. Applications submitted without the completed form will not be considered. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Applications will go through the consideration process within one month of being received.
Applications are only accepted online:
Click here to apply online for the Resident Artist Program
The Living Arts Centre dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Artists of all cultural backgrounds, of all gender, sexual orientation, and ability are encouraged to apply.
Questions about the Resident Artist Program?
Email the Exhibitions and Residency Coordinator at email@example.com