Terms & How to Apply
TERMS, ELIGIBILITY, HOW TO APPLY
Long Term Residency:
• Residents are required to commit to a 1-year Contract commitment with the option to renew after an annual review.
• Residents may not stay longer than 8 years. Failure to comply with the RA contract at any time will result in the termination of the residency.
• Resident artists are required to participate in the annual Resident Artist Exhibition, biannual studio clean ups, artist meetings including critiques and RA events.
• Must be able to work in a collaborative space.
• Resident artists must follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Living accommodation not provided.
• Project-based residencies are designed to support professional artists with studio access in order to realize a specific art/ design project or objective, or an upcoming exhibition.
• Supporting documents should be submitted with the application, these may include exhibition offer letters, grant acceptance letters, educational project descriptions, etc.
• Project-based residencies are 3 to 6 months
The RA program is open to emerging and mid-career artists who are:
• Graduates of a recognized art, design or craft institute, college or university, or are practicing artists with equivalent experience
• Technically competent in the relevant studio
• Committed to developing their practice and body of work
• Focused on creating conceptual art and design: functional and/or non-functional work.
• Able to work in a collaborative environment
Applicants are assessed on conceptual and technical ability via portfolio review, artist statement, CV, interview, and overall quality of work by a committee composed by Living Arts Centre representatives and professionals working in the applicant’s relevant disciplines.
Each applicant is required to pay a fee of $25 for administrative fees. Residency expenses are paid by artists. This residency does not provide living accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, click on the application form below or contact the Coordinator, Exhibitions and Residency Programs for more information. Applications submitted without the completed form will not be considered. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Applications will go through the consideration process within one month of being received.
Apply by mail:
Send completed application form and all application materials to:
Coordinator, Exhibitions & Residency Programs
Living Arts Centre
4141 Living Arts Dr. Mississauga ON L5B 4B8
Questions about the Resident Artist Program?
Email the Exhibitions and Residency Coordinator at email@example.com