Ron Lenyk Inspiring Youth Arts Award
RON LENYK INSPIRING YOUTH ARTS AWARD
Ron Lenyk was a passionate devotee of the arts and advocate of youth. As CEO of the Living Arts Centre from 2011 until 2015, he was thrilled about introducing young people to the arts, supporting youth education and loved “to see the excitement on their faces. And to think one day they will be the performers and artists at the LAC. I relish the contribution they can make to the community.” In memory of Ron’s commitment to his community, generous spirit, and love of the arts, the Living Arts Centre has created the Ron Lenyk Inspiring Youth Arts Awards.
The Ron Lenyk Inspiring Youth Arts Awards are designed to support, foster and celebrate young talent in Mississauga. Each year, up to two $1000 awards will be presented to individuals in two age categories (ages 12-17 and 18-25) who have contributed to the growing art scene within the Mississauga and have begun to establish themselves and make an impact in their chosen field. Excellence in literary arts, media arts, performing arts and visual arts will be considered.
Please read all instructions carefully to ensure that you understand the nomination process and all application requirements. Please provide as much detail as possible on the nominee. Nominators must be at least 18 years of age and may not be a family member or partner of the nominee. A nominee refers to an individual and not a group or organization. Group nominations not accepted.
If you need assistance please contact the Living Arts Centre at 905-306-6161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominee’s contribution must be in one of the following categories:
- literary arts (poetry, prose, playwriting, screenwriting)
- visual arts (any 2D or 3D media, film/video, animation)
- vocal or instrumental music
- performing arts (theatre, dance, comedy)
Nomineemust be a resident of the city of Mississauga Nomineemust be an emerging artist between the ages of 12 and 17, or 18 and 25. Nomineemust have showcased their work locally whether through presentation, performance, publication or exhibition
- Current LAC Board of Directors, LAC staff, members of the awards jury and their immediate families are not eligible to be nominated
Nominees will be assessed based on the strength of their application and the ability to demonstrate evidence of potential as well as:
- Passion and dedication to their chosen field of expertise
- Thoughtfulness and desire to develop artistic skills
- Creativity and artistic vision
- Technical competence
- Artistic contributions have inspired peers and/or garnered peer recognition
Extentto which nominee will benefit from the receipt of the award
- Community impact
Nomination Applications must include:
- Completed and signed application form
- Nominee résumé outlining education, relevant current activities, community involvement, awards, scholarships or special recognition, affiliations
Statementabout work – a description of the work done by the nominee and why s/he creates that work, influences, and inspiration. 250 words or less. Written by the nominee.
- 250 word (maximum) statement of intent describing how the nominee will benefit from receipt of the award. Written by the nominee.
- Up to 6 examples of the nominee’s work, in the appropriate medium, which can include:
- digital images
- video/recording/media clip/demo reel
Work should be produced within the last two years.
Performance submissions must include video links of performance(s).
Music submissions must include video or audio links of performance(s).
Digital images must not exceed 72dpi/150KB each.
Videos and recordings must be provided as links – do not email video or recording files.
- Two (2) testimonials or letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the nominee’s work (e.g. teacher, instructor, community member). Cannot be a relative of the nominee.
- Up to four (4) reviews or articles about the nominee, if available.
Submit completed nomination form with application attachments by email
No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
The recipients will be selected by a jury of art professionals and community members from Mississauga. Their decision is final.
All nominators and nominees will be notified by email after the jury process. Winners will be presented with their awards an evening event on